Hello Everyone…. It’s a wonderful day out here. And I am super exited for sharing this magical Skincare Routine with you all.
But before that, let me get you through Jade Roller and Gua Sha basics first.
So, What is a Jade Roller?
It’s basically a Chinese skincare tool made from solid Jade stone. Jade is relatively cool and also has the ability to stay cool even when it comes in contact with the skin.
Benefits of Jade Roller:
- It encourages lymphatic system’s natural detoxification process.
- It boosts the flow of blood circulation beneath the skin granting a visible Glow.
- Minimizes the fine lines, improves elasticity and helps skincare products penetrate into the skin.
How often you can use it?
You can use JADE ROLLER and GUA SHA once or twice a day. I prefer to use it early morning.
What is GUA SHA?
Gua Sha involves scraping the skin in upward strokes to relax stiff muscles and promote Tissue Drainage.
- Massaging with Gua Sha improves quality of Blood circulation
- effective tool for relaxing tension in the face and neck.
- Effective for sculpting facial features like cheekbone and jawline
HOW DO I USE IT?
Cleanse your Face with a cleanser and Sprinkle Hydration mist toner. I have used toner from Sukin
Apply a Moisture, serum or Facial Oil.. It’s completely your choice. I have used Rosehip and jojoba Oil. Take few drops of Oil on your palm as required and rub it in your palm and apply it all over your face gently.
Start using the jade roller all over your Face specially the areas where you feel required..The roller can also be stored in the fridge prior to use for an extra cooling effect.
- With light pressure, roll the sides of the neck downwards towards the collar bones.
- Roll along the jawline starting just above the chin and moving outwards ears
- Starting at the edge of the nose, move the roller outwards, following the curve of the cheekbone to the ear
- Using the smaller roller and gentle pressure, roll under the eye sweeping out towards the ear.
- Starting in the centre of the eyebrows, sweep the large roller upwards. Roll firstly to left, then in the centre, then to the right, ensuring all areas of the forehead have been covered
Hold the Gua Sha flat to the skin, under the eyes or over any redness, to soothe and de-puff.
Then use the curved side and work it over the skin, always taking short strokes in just one direction, not back and forth
You can use a gua sha on the face, body and scalp, and it’s best to use with water or an oil – but never on bare skin.
2. Hold the gua sha tool with the curved side to your face and glide it gently up and out, starting with the neck, jawline, chin and around the mouth, between three and five times per area. Always take short strokes in just one direction, not back and forth.
3. Next, press the tool flat to the skin, under the eyes or over any redness, to soothe and de-puff.
4. Use it in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows to release tension.
5. Stroke down the neck, never upwards, to drain fluid.
Lastly, Apply a lip balm and you are ready to go.😊
I have posted a small yet helpful Tutorial on my Instagram for the reference.